Zoo Education & Workforce Development
The Zoo and Zoo Society offer an array of educational programs that serve students and visitors of all ages.
- Keep local talent local
- Develop STEM skills for a workforce pipeline
- Offer a diverse portfolio of programming
- Teach the teacher
- Provide student and educator scholarships
Grow and Learn with the Zoo
Students of all ages enjoy the Zoo’s full continuum of learning, from early childhood through professional development. Many of the Zoo’s education programs are grant-supported.
- Nurture the Wonder, Nature Camp (Pre-K-K)
- Connections to Africa: Introducing Basic Needs (1st-3rd grade)
- Professor Wylde’s Animal Show (4th grade)
- Connections to Africa: Advancing Scientific Inquiry (5th grade)
- Vet Bags Program (6th grade)
- Career Day (7th grade)
- Team Inquiry Challenge (8th grade)
- Summer Day Camp (K-8th grade)
- Zoo Crew (9th-12th grade)
- Internships (undergraduate and graduate)
- Advanced Inquiry Program (graduate)
- Professional Development in STEM (educators)
Donate to the Zoo Society and make an impact in a child's life.