The Cleveland Zoological Society and Cleveland Metroparks Zoo share a joint mission - We create compelling experiences that connect people with wildlife and inspire personal responsibility for conserving the natural world.
As the Zoo’s nonprofit advocate and partner, the Cleveland Zoological Society is committed to:
- Raising awareness of the Zoo as a community priority
- Improving all aspects of the Zoo, from exhibits to programs to daily operations
- Giving visitors, members and donors great value for their investment
- Founded in 1957, the Zoo Society strives to ensure that Cleveland Metroparks Zoo remains one of the region’s preeminent destinations. The Zoo Society maintains the largest membership program in Northeast Ohio (42,500 households).
Finances as of 12/31/14
- ZooFutures Fund $3.3 M
- Sustaining Fund $5.6 M
- Membership Dues $2.64 M
- Annual operating & programmatic support to the Zoo, including signature Educational Outreach Programs $4.7 M
- 42,500 member households, including
- 1,000 ZooKeepers' Circle VIP members
- Families with children 12 & younger and college educated / household incomes $75,000+
- 1.1 million Zoo visitors annually